On April 8th & 9th 2016, Nirmal University, Ahmedabad conducted a 2-day workshop on Outcome-Based Education (OBE). The workshop aimed at discussing the nuances of imparting education, ways of improving the delivery mechanism and assessments. The highlights of the seminar were the deliberations on OBE perspective, expectations, models of OBE, implementation strategies and tools for hands-on exercises. This will help participants smoothen the OBE proliferations in their respective organizations and offer
The highlights of the seminar were the deliberations on OBE perspective, expectations, models of OBE, implementation strategies and tools for hands-on exercises. This helped the participants understand the OBE framework better and find ways to effectively implement at their campus.
Some of the eminent speakers at the workshop were:
- Dr. Anup K. Singh, Director General, Nirma University
- Dr. S. C. Sahasrabudhe, Former Deputy Director, IIT-Bombay
- Dr. Somayajulu Garimella, Director, Institute of Management, Nirma University
- Dr. R. V. Ranganath, Professor, BMS College of Engineering, Bangalore
- Dr. Avinash G. Kharat, Director, Academics, JSPM Group of Institutes, Pune
Mr. M V Kalidas, Vice President of Sales & Marketing at InPods presented on the evolving role of Teachers and how important is it for education institutes to move towards Outcome-based education model. He also focused on the benefits of Outcome-based education framework beyond accreditation.