CII organized the Second edition of the National Higher Education Conclave in Coimbatore with the theme “Governance and Quality Systems in Higher Education” on 18 – 19 November 2015.
CII has been actively working towards enhancing the quality of higher education in India. There are a number of significant initiatives and policies for which CII has been supporting the government and the regulatory agencies to implement with the support of industry. With private sector participation increasing in higher education, CII recognizes the enormous scope in improving not just access but also equity and quality in higher education.
The two-day conclave had sessions focused on the topics relating to Management & Administration and Teaching Excellence with paper presentations and case studies that are needed for the institutions to benchmark their strategic growth and development and would be attended by College Correspondents, Trustees, Secretaries, Board Members, CEO’s, Directors and the rest of teaching fraternity.
Under the theme of Use of Technology in Higher Education Delivery, Mr. MV Kalidas, Vice-President: Sales & Marketing from InPods presented on the need for a learning platform for leading to better outcomes. He discussed the current global mismatch of skilled labor and how India could benefit in such a situation. He covered the present situation of engineering education in India which is unable to sustain the required GDP growth of the country and how a paradigm shift towards outcomes-based education can change the scenario.
Other eminent speakers in this conclave were:
- Ms Sumita Dawra – Principal Secretary – Higher Education Department Government of Andhra Pradesh
- Dr G Viswanathan – Founder & Chancellor, VIT University President, Education Promotion Society for India
- Prof R Natarajan – Former Chairman All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
- Dr M Anandakrishnan – Chairman : Governing Council IIT Kanpur
- Mr S K Patnaik – Director, All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
- Prof Rajashekharan Pillai – Former Vice Chairman, UGC
- Dr B V R Mohan Reddy – Chairman NASSCOM