InPods along with Gurunanak Group of Institutes (GNI) (http://www.gniindia.org/), Hyderabad jointly conducted a two-day workshop on Outcomes Based Education (OBE). The objective of the workshop was to offer a unique hands-on experience to benefit the engineering community on Accreditation and Outcome Based Education. GNI was the host college and the workshop was held on 6th and 7th November 2015.
OBE has become a critical need since NBA has adopted this framework after becoming a member of the Washington Accord. Outcomes-Based Education (OBE) requires a new approach to engineering education. Designing outcomes based programs is an important step towards an accreditation status. This workshop trained the participants on the finer aspects of curriculum and course design for Outcomes-based Engineering education.
The sessions were on Accreditation (NBA, NAAC, ABET), Course Design using Outcome Based Education, Defining PO’s, PEO’s, Mission & Vision statements, Course Objectives etc. InPods conducted a session on how technology platform can measure outcomes effectively.
Distinguished Presenters were:
- Dr. U Chandrasekhar, Ex-Director of ESCI
- Dr. Mahadevan, Principal Advisor & ED of Aassaan Educare
- Dr. A.P Natarajan, Former Professor at Madhurai Kamaraj University
More than 100 participants covering 50 colleges across states like Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Karnataka and Maharashtra attended this workshop.
Some highlights and outcomes of this workshop were:
- The hands-on-training session helped faculty members to get well versed with NBA/NAAC/ABET and other accreditation processes.
- Faculty learnt to frame outcomes that are skills specific by the industry
- The workshop helped participants in setting question papers as instances for checking the realization of the outcomes.
InPods as the main sponsor for the event guided the participants on the use of technology for measuring outcomes. Mr. M V Kalidas, Vice-President (Sales & Marketing) at InPods conducted a detailed session on how the various feature and benefits of the platform and how technology can help implementing outcomes-based education in colleges.